Welcome to our Website
Swami Vivekananda Memorial College Autonomous is a glorious institution grows on the bed of the river Alaka at Jagatsinghpur in a calm, secluded & ideal site. Its campus spreads over a compact area of more than 37 acres with the luster of green pastures drooping deorears and other natural trees all around. The Kanyakumari style statue of Swami Vivekananda built close to the main building. The statue of Utkalmani Gopabandhu near the portico and the marble statue of Mahatma Gandhi inside the college quardrangle kindle the light of truth, love and dedication in every heart. The statue of veteran freedom fighter and one of the makers of flourishing Orissa Sri Biju Pattanaik has been unveiled in the premises of College Auditorium. The statue of Sri Biren Mitra, Sri Sripati Nanda, founder Secretary and Sri U.C. Panda, founder Principal have been placed in the premises of science Block.Thus, an atmosphere spelling its idyllic charms, aesthetic and spiritual appeal really becomes suitable for the healthy growth of an institution of higher learning. The river Alaka encircling the college on the north and east, though virtually dead now occasionally flows and reminds us of the past maritime glory and the trading centre of the Dutch sailors during the Pre-British period. Jagatsinghpur, with its large galaxy of intellectuals spread out all over the state and outside is proud of having an institution of higher learning named after Swami Vivekananda.
- All round personality development of individual learner through a holistic approach.
- Fostering a sense of social and civic responsibility and tenents of citizenship.
- Promoting human values and assisting the preservation of culture and traditions.
- Ignition of inquistiveness to promote scientific temper and independent critical thinking.
- Promotion of interest in performing arts, sportsmanship and leadership.
- Transforming the institution into a training ground for efficient professionals through application of skill.
With the beginning of the new academic session, 2015-16, I take this opportunity of welcoming my students, colleagues and co-workers. I solicit everybody’s co-operation and goodwill for a happy, memorable and glorious year for the institution. Let Swami Vivekananda shower his blessings on all of us.
Prof. R. P. Sahoo
S.V.M. Auto, College